Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday - 31st March 2010

What's So Important About The Day - It's my Birthday. The Day I turned 34. Yeap, 3 and 4. 34. I ain't getting any younger most definitely (as my body, without much of a haste, would agree) and I have reached the stage where I should already know by now what I want to do and must do in life. But I still believe that, regardless of how old you are, there are plenty of opportunities for you to try out something new, as life is a continuous process of learning... and this goes on until your last breath of air.

What's Different This Year - My stepmother, Mak Cik Normah, celebrates her birthday on the same date too. This would be the first time I am celebrating my Birthday with someone else within the 'Family Circle'. I had actually forgotten about her birthday until my father reminded me of it. So far, she has been very nice to us, and to my father especially. She is indeed a welcome addition to the 'Family Circle'. And I'm really glad that my Dad is so much happier these days. A testament of 'Youthfulness' that transcends age barrier.

What's For Lunch - Aidee treated me with a wonderful Lunch at The Apartment (restaurant) at The Curve, Mutiara Damansara. A scrumptious dining experience indeed as we were treated with one of the best Shepherds' Pie I've ever tasted and Slices of Chicken wrapped with Mashed Potato and Avocado. I was serenaded with a Birthday song by the Restaurant Crews and were offered a Cheese Cake as well. God of Mine... the cake was so delicious... The whole Lunch affair was exquisitely tasty, even the Tomato Soup tasted good. 'A birthday boy served with scrumptious food and delicacies is indeed a happy boy'...

What's Overwhelming - About more than 100 friends from Facebook greeted me with various kinds of Birthday Wishes. From long lost friends to dearest cousins and relatives, they were all lined up to convey their heartfelt wishes and remind me that I have now crossed a new age group. One chap gave me the best thought of the day - I can be in whatever age group chronologically, but mentally and emotionally I could still be as young as ever... It's a classic case of 'Mind over Matter'...

No comments: