Sunday, April 4, 2010

Thursday & Friday - 1st & 2nd April 2010

What Used To Be Relevant - APRIL FOOLS DAY! Back when we were in our Schooling Days, we used to highly anticipate the arrival of the April Fool's Day. All sorts of funny tricks were already up on our sleeves waiting for the right moment to execute them, one by one... shoelaces, toothpastes, hidden items were the usual elements that made up all the fun that came along with the momentous occasion. We never really quite understood why the Older Folks were so mad at us when we played little tricks on them. To us, kids, nothing beats the crap out of watching other people suffer or humiliated (albeit in a very humoristic way). However, as we grew much older, and much wiser too, we realized that slowly and steadily we became closer to like being one of the Older Folks we used to despise and complain about. We too look at kids rather differently nowadays. But, I guess, times have changed so much that my 6-year old son no longer fancies an April Fool's Day. Heck, he doesn't even know if such day exists on the Calendar. After all, what are simple little tricks compared to the wonderful world of Internet Games and Computers? Gone are the days when our lives were so much simpler then...

What's Shocking - What was meant to be just an ordinary check up with the GP to complain about the incessant pain on my right thigh turned out to be a turning point in my whole spectrum of life. I had to inform the GP what I have been going through all these while i.e the Chest Pains, the inconsistently High BP, and the history of high cholesterol level in my body. When the GP found out that my BP when up again to 150/90, she quickly assigned me for an ECG examination. The results of which indicated that there could be a potentially hazardous circumstance underlying in my blood. I was diagnosed by the GP as suffering from a potential Ischemia or in much simpler terms, potential heart blockage. I was astonished as none of the previous ECG's ever indicated such a threat. The doctor set me up with an appointment for a Blood Test and gave me a medicine to reduce the potential blood clot. However, the next appointment is in 2 weeks time. 2 weeks time??? That's government hospitals for you...

What's Depressingly Heart-breaking - After such news, I have been closely observing my son. He used to be so close with his mom. But as he grew older, he has become much closer to me. He would sleep on my thigh at night. He would want me to bathe him and play with him. He would be the Head of a Lion and I would be the tail. We would be dancing to our own rhythmic nuances like as though we were tranced in an exotic competition of Lion Dancing. It saddens me each time I think of what might happen and what would they do... Ya Allah. If you're listening, please consider that I am not asking for much. I am not asking for much richness and wealth. All I am asking for is the chance to LIVE long enough to see my son grow into a sensible young man, able to take good care of himself, and his mom, when I'm gone...

No comments: